The 5%ers' Funding Traders & Growth Program Terms & Conditions
Program Mission and Definition
The 5%ers operate an Online Funding and Growth Trading Program.
The 5%ers welcomes Financial Market traders from any nationality and any age from 18 years old to participate.
The 5%ers provides fully-funded forex trading account with monthly profit payout plans and lucrative growth scenarios to traders who qualify for the program’s trading requirements.
Under a 3rd party contract, The 5%ers recruits talented traders to work for the company, on the company’s platform and using the company’s assets and funds.
The 5%ers is not a broker, and not associated with any particular broker. and do not service financial trading services of any type.
The 5%ers does not invest clients capital on the financial markets, all funding of clients account are sourced by the ownership own capital.
The 5%ers is a brand name, operated by Five Percent Online LTD, and is a privately owned Legal Corporation, performing a Nostro-investment operation. It is not operating as a Financial Institution of any type, nor is it a Broker, nor a Broker Marketing platform, and does not accept Investor’s capital.
The Fund – is the alias name for The 5%ers.
Evaluation Trader – is to describe the trader in the stage of being evaluated, and at this time has not yet fulfilled all the requirements.
Portfolio Manager Partner (PM) Trader – is used to describe a trader who has successfully completed the evaluation targets under the evaluation requirements.
Signing up for the program is required from the evaluation stage.
Sign up Fee – The evaluation program has a fee cost involved. The fee amount is specified by the program plan that the trader selects.
- The sign up fee is not a trading capital deposit.
- The sign up fee is not to cover trading costs or trading losses.
- The sign up fee is non-refundable, in partial or in full, once the evaluation activity has commenced by the trader.
Traders are allowed to perform using any trading strategy, as long as it complies with the Risk Management Guidelines required by the Fund.
Upgrading or downgrading a plan: once an evaluation program has commenced, the trader cannot upgrade or downgrade the current plan.
Terms of The Program
The evaluation period is the prime mandatory stage of the program, where the trader should demonstrate a profitable trading performance, under the Risk Management Requirements’ definition.
Portfolio Manager Partner
PM Partner is a trader who successfully passes the evaluation period and becomes certified to trade on behalf of and with the trading capital of The 5%ers’ Fund.
Risk Management Guidelines
The Risk Management Guidelines are the risk measures that the Fund expects the trader to self-enforce on his/her trading strategy. The Fund monitors the ability of the traders to comply and manage their risks while retaining profitable tradings. Failing to follow these risk measures, as presented in the Program Plan selected, may cause disqualification from promoting in the program, or a final termination from the program.
The Fund’s regulation of payout is due to the profitable performance of the traders.
The event ending the participation of a Partner PM or ends the trader’s evaluation program.
The program is available to individuals only. They must be from the age of 18 years and older, and to all nationalities.
Individually Private Only
The program is designed for individual traders only. An individual trader who signs up is the only person who is allowed to trade on behalf of the fund, in both the evaluation program and as a PM Partner in the official trading program.
Proof of Authenticity
Authentic identity must be shown. The program only accepts traders who present proof of authentic identity.
The program is not available to any entity, firm, corporation organization or groups of individuals of any type.
Program Conditions and Requirements
Knowledge and Skill
The trader must acknowledge having sufficient trading knowledge, experience, and skills to perform under the program requirements. The trader must fully understand the full scope of the program, the implications of the program requirements, restrictions, guidelines, and find the program sufficient to his needs.
The program is conducted on a forex trading platform only. The trader must fully understand the unique characteristics of the forex market. Specifically with regards to trading, the trader must fully familiarize his/herself with the following terms and implications of the following terms: Market Hours, Economic Releases, Flexible Spreads, Commission, Overnight Rollover Swaps, Pip, Point Value, Lot, Stop Loss, Take Profit, Market Order, Stop Order, Limit Order, Ask, Bid, Drawdown.
The Fund provides trading on the trading platform, with full authority to perform trading during market hours. As this time, the Fund provides for the use of Windows OS, Mac iOS by a non-official & non-supported technical workaround, mobile access for Android and iOS, MQL scripting using Desktop Platform Version Only.
The Fund may change its suppliers and systems to any other solution and technology, at any time.
The program from the very beginning of the evaluation period and throughout the progression is conducted with capital which is owned and supplied by the Fund.
Protecting Trading Capital
No matter which level the trader is at in the program, it is required for him/her to act responsibly and use all methods to protect the Fund’s capital from severe losses. This also includes operating responsible risk management measures, protecting and securing the trading access credentials for trading accounts, not providing access to any 3rd party or person for the accounts, immediately report to the Fund’s Support Team about loss or theft of trading access, respond to email communications from the Fund, and take the required measures if asked to by the Fund.
Trading activity is limited to forex’s major currencies and their combinations: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, AUD, NZD, CAD. The following is a list of securities permitted to trade:
EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/CHF.
Forex Major Crosses
AUD/CAD, AUD/CHF, AUD/JPY, AUD/NZD, CAD/CHF, CAD/JPY, CHF/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/CAD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, EUR/NZD, GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD, GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, GBP/NZD, NZD/CAD, NZD/CHF, NZD/JPY.
A trader must avoid trading any other securities unless permitted by the Fund’s Official Representative. trading securities which are not permitted for trading may result in a termination of the program.
The program requires its traders to enforce risk measures for themselves, over and above their trading strategies. The following are the characteristics of the Risk Management required and its definitions, which the Trader should fully understand and enforce.
Each step in the program has a specified target milestone in terms of USD net profit. The amount specified is net profit after deduction of all trading costs, spread, commission, overnight swap charge and a deduction of profits made with trades which are registered with risk violations.
- Definition: Relative Drawdown (A.K.A. Trailing Drawdown) is the maximum difference from the highest account Realized Balance to the lowest Equity (unrealized value). The implication is that losses can never be greater than the value specified in the trading stage.
- Formula: $ Drawdown = realized or unrealized account amount minus the highest realized account balance.
- Example: On May 2nd the account realized value was $10,550. On May 10th The account equity value (unrealized value) was $10,200.
- Conclusion: The drawdown in this account is: $10,200 – $10,550 = -$350.
It is required for every position, market order, pending stop order, or pending limit order to contain a stop loss at price level which represents a maximum money risk of 1.5% or less.
- Formula: Stop Loss value = 100 x 100,000 x Position_Lot_Size x ABS (Position_Open_price – Position_Stoploss_price) / Account_Balance.
- Example: Current Account balance is 10,500, a sell 0.20L GBP/USD position opened at price 1.3560. Stop loss is set to 1.3615.
- Conclusion: Stop loss value = 100 x 100,000 x 0.20 x ABS (1.3560 – 1.3615) / 10,500 = 200,000 x 0.0055 / 10,500 = 1.05%.
- Multiple positions of the same asset, are considered as same trade and will be added together. The summaries of all open positions on the same symbol cannot exceed 1.5% of the account value.
- Example: On a $10,000 account – Float Position A: sell 0.1 GBP/JPY = risk of $50, or Float Positions B: buy 0.3 GBP/JPY = risk of $100, or Float Position C: buy 0.05 GBP/JPY = risk of $35.
- Risk for GBP/JPY = A+B+C = $50 +(add) $100 +(add) $35 = $185. Therefore, GBP/JPY risks 1.85% of $10,000.
- Definition: Maximum Exposure is the summarized amount of the Lot Market Value of open positions at any given time.
- Formula: Max. Exposure = Position 1 [lots] + Position 2 [lots] + Position 3 [lots].
- Example: At any time there can be 4 open positions: 0.15L buy EUR/USD, 0.10L sell EUR/USD, 0.15L buy GBP/USD and 0.05L sell USD/JPY
- Conclusion: The Maximum Drawdown in the account is: 0.15L + 0.10L + 0.15L + 0.05L = 0.45L
- Adding to the exposure is allowed in exchange for any floating trade with a stop loss secured beyond its entry price.
- Hedging positions of the same asset does not reduce the exposure.
The evaluation period is limited to 6 months, from the sign up date. By this time, the trader is expected to meet all the trading requirements to demonstrate a steady and positive trading performance. Once the expiration date has arrived or passed and If the trader has not yet met the required targets on time, the evaluation will be automatically be terminated and will conclude as disqualified.
Evaluation Expiration Extension
During the evaluation period, the trader may request twice a one-month extension to meet the required profit target and only by these following conditions:
- The profit is positively above 2.5%.
- There are clear risk management records and no risk violations recorded in the trader’s account history.
- To remain active, the PM Partner must show to have been active with at least 4 trades in one entire month. Failing to meet this criterion, the account will be paused or terminated.
- Giving notice for Inactivity – By giving notice for inactivity, the trader may freeze the account for up to 2 months but no more than twice in an annual year. The notice should be given in a formal notice and should be approved by an authorized official from the Fund.
Minimum Active Trading Days
During the entire evaluation period, the traders must demonstrate trading on pre-defined active trading days. A trading day counts once the trader submits an open trade at any time during a specific day.
The PM Partners are required to have 4 minimum active trading days in an entire month.
During the entire evaluation period, the traders must demonstrate a minimum count of trades. A trade is a full cycle of trades from opening to closing. Multiple positions, and/or partial closing of the same symbol at parallel periods or an overlapping period, are considered as only one trade for the count.
Flat Portfolio on Targets
A trader must close all trades and pending orders once reaching the milestone target or the drawdown. The fund will not pay profits higher than the milestone.
As the program scope is to directed to skilled traders, the program strongly forbids the participation for any reason other than for applying to be the Fund’s Contractor Trader. Therefore, the program forbids the following and will consider this as misuse and violation of the program, which will result in the immediate termination of –
- Forbidding of trading coordination with other accounts or other traders active in the Fund. It is strictly forbidden to coordinate any type of trading behavior among two or more accounts in the name of another trader – This includes the prohibition of copying trades and orders; duplicating trading activity and orders; hedging among accounts. Any evident coordination of the above is considered a major violation of this program and will result in immediate termination by the violation of this contract.
- Violation of Risk Requirements and Restrictions:
Any circumstances of violating the risk guidelines or the restriction of the program will result in an immediate termination of the account and exiting of the program.
Trading Conditions Acknowledgment
By signing up to the program of The 5%ers, I hereby confirm and fully understand that my trading performance may also be affected by various conditions, as such:
Spreads vary according to the market liquidity, at rigid times such as during high impact economic events, the spread difference of ask and bid prices can expand multiple times.
Stop / Limit Pending Orders
Ordering at specifically requested price is not guaranteed for limit or stop orders during abnormal and volatile periods – the price will be filled at the next best price according to the exchange order book.
At times of extreme liquidity in the market, the differences from one tick quote for the next may significantly increase. This is also known as ‘A Gap’. Any orders that are placed at prices with no tick quote will be filled at the next available quote. This may result in execution at a less preferred price.
Overnight Rollover Spread Conditions
An overnight rollover is an event that occurs at the end of each day, at midnight (the time of the program’s setting). At this hour, the banks shift huge amounts of orders from one day to the next day. This may result in the spreads becoming significantly increased. This usually takes a few seconds up to two minutes past midnight. The spread’s increment may result in the execution of a nearby stop or limit orders. It is advised, to move nearby orders further away as possible to prevent unwanted executions due to technicalities.
The commission is a trading cost applied by the liquidity provider. This is the industry standard method for Brokers and Liquidity Providers to charge for the service of executing orders.
Economic Event Releases
At times of releasing any Economic Data, the price tends to form gaps, and spreads may increase in multiples and execution is not guaranteed by price. It is advised to pay attention to the event release schedule, to reduce position exposure and shift further limit and stop orders.
Email communication serves as the main and official communication with the trader and The 5%ers. The Fund will use this modality regularly and in real-time, as a means to send all communication, guidance, and feedback to its team of traders.
It is mandatory for the trader to provide a valid and working email address, in which the trader checks regularly. While the trader obtains live running trades, it is required to check emails at least once in 60 minutes, to allow for real-time communications and feedback from the Fund.
Failing to respond to the Fund’s email communications, this may lead to a freezing of the account or program termination.
The Fund provides other means of communication that can serve as back up communication. These are Skype, on-site live chat, on-site contact forms, international telephone calls.
It is expected for the traders to notify The 5%ers of any changes in email or communication details and anything else that may affect their trading performance.
For the evaluation period, the Fund pays the net profits in one amount to the traders and it is done so only when the evaluation program has ended.
Upon success in the evaluation, payout for evaluation’s profits will be paid on the following payout cycle, combined with the PM account’s profits or losses of the same payout cycle.
The Fund pays for net profits to PM Partners, every month and on a monthly payout cycle.
Being paid for – profits will not be deducted from profit accumulation towards the next milestone.
Calculating & Recording of Profits for a PM Partner.
The payout procedure is managed by the following timeline schedule:
- Sample Profit Value Date (SPV) – 20th day of the month, EOD (end of day.)
SPV is the lowest value of balance or equity by EOD of the 20th day.
- Effective Profit Value Date (EPV) – Last Day of the month, EOD.
EPV is the lowest value of balance or equity by EOD of the last day of the month.
- Profit Report and Invoice Request – 3rd day of the month, EOD.
- Profit is calculated by taking the lowest value between SPV and EPV, subtracting the last payout watermark.
- Submitting Invoice – 6th day of the month, EOD.
The Last day that the trader must submit an invoice for the current payout cycle. If this day is missed, a new profit calculation will be made, on the following next payout month.
- Payment Due Date – 10th day of the month, EOD.
Is the final time for the Fund to issue payments for the trader. The time of the actual money available in the trader’s bank account is subject to the means of the payout processing times.
Payout Terms Definition:
- EOD – 23:59:59 is The 5ers’ platform server time.
- High Watermark profit is the last value of the account by which the fund had paid for the trader. Once the Fund pays the due profits, a new Watermark is set.
Termination of The Program
Program Termination may take effect at any stage in the program, from the evaluation period to any stage as PM Partner. Terminating the program may occur for all of the below reasons:
- When reaching or passing of the maximum relative drawdown allowance.
- The violation of the Risk Management Guidelines.
- The expiration of the limitation has exceeded
- The misuse or abuse of the program – not for the sake of individual authentic trading.
Returning After a Termination
Trader is allowed to sign up for another plan regardless of past terminations. Nevertheless, the Fund is allowed to refuse to re-sign up at its own discretion.
PM Returning After Termination
PM trader is allowed to re-join the program from any previous stage participated, by paying a participation fee equivalence to the maximum drawdown allowance of the selected stage. This privilege expires after 1 month (30 days) from the termination date.
At the occurrence of a termination, the following measures will take effect –
- A notice of termination will be sent by an official email for the trader.
- Disabling trading permission in trading accounts.
- Denying access for the trading account and platforms provided by the Fund.
- A full detailed trading report will be sent to the trader by email.
- Valid total net profits made in the account will be calculated and paid in the specified portion at the following payout cycle schedule and regulation.
Errors and Omissions
Subject to the terms of this agreement, neither party hereto, shall be prejudiced in any way by inadvertent errors or omissions made by such party, providing such errors and omissions are corrected promptly following discovery thereof. Upon the discovery of an inadvertent error or omission by either party hereto, appropriate adjustments shall be made as soon as possibly practicable to restore both parties to the fullest extent possible and to the position they would have been in, had no such inadvertent error or omission occurred.
The 5%ers reserves the rights for future changes of these Terms and Conditions, upon notifications via an official email address given from the trader. The trader will be committed to the changes, or will officially be asked to resign from the program.
T&C Version 2020/02/24