After a few attempts, he succeeds to pass the evaluation and become The5%ers Portfolio Manager.
As we can see the persistence pays off, Igor has tried several times our evaluation program until he succeeds to pass and become one of The5%ers portfolio manager and start with a 52K Funded account.
Name: Igor M.
- Please describe your trading journey. How long are you trading? when you become consistent? what made the change for you?
- I am a trader from 2007. Last 3 years I can say that I am consistent. My self-made indicators help me to be better on the market.
How were you introduced to trading?
- I started to read books about trading. I read university book “Technical analysis” and then best seller book from Fisher “Logical trader”.
Describe your trading plan.
- Using important price levels I am creating swing trading positions for the next day. Using important levels, RSI, SMA 100 and few indicators I am creating ideas for next day trading. During the day I either wait for important levels to enter into trade or based on news and price action I enter into a position. I am a nimble trader and very often I go out from my trades where I see that price action is not good enough.
Tell us about your trading routine.
- Every night I am creating swing trading positions levels. Every morning I look economic calendar, Pivot point, important levels and make new trading ideas. I define opening ranges and from 9. AM I am starting to monitor charts more closely. I am trading during the UK working time so my top pairs are EURUSD and GBPUSD.
How do you manage risk in your trading? Do you have a risk management Technique you can explain?
- I have optimum, strong, weak and very weak risk model. The optimum risk for me is 1 mini lot per $5000. When I have a strong move and strong indicators I will double my position with a tight stop loss. It is a strong risk for me and then I am very nimble. Weak and very weak risk for me is when I risk 1 mini lot per $10 000 and less and I do that when I use wider stop loss or when the market is in “slow burner mode”, with small volatility.
What was your biggest challenge in trading, and how had you overcome this?
- My biggest challenge is moments when I hit stop loss because of 1 or 2 pips mistake or during crazy spikes trading mistakes etc. The answer is always one word: patience.
What was the key moment of your trading career?
- In the moment when I started to use machine learning models to predict future trend (3 years ago) I figure out the market and how trading is a hard job. Statistics helped me to avoid some trading strategy that is bad.
In your opinion, what are the most important characteristics for maintaining a steady trading Career?
What it the most important trading mental aspect, and how do you apply it in your routine.
- Perseverance and patience are the most important. The most important thing is to avoid overtrading.
What is your strategy to successfully pass the5%ers evaluation account?
- I had 10 days when I didn’t trade. I didn’t overtrade my portfolio and I was nimble to close trades fast when I saw bad news or bad momentum.
Please share your recommendations with online resources that were significant to your development path. Name and links are appreciated.
- Dailyfx website- http://www.dailyfx.com. Mark Fisher book- https://www.amazon.com/Logical-Trader-Mark-B-Fisher
Please write anything you think is important but was not asked.
- The5%ers chance for me is very important and I need to say one big “thank you 5%ers “!
Website URL (we allow you to promote).
Get inspired by the full trading performance and statistics of Igor’s Evaluation.