Meditation As The Key To Trading Success – Funded Trader Interview
The 5%ers' Blog > Interview with traders
Trader Tips, Inspirations & lessons from The 5%ers’ Funded Trader:
52 years old, United Kingdom.
Robert. J. has just successfully passed our evaluation program with a great trading plan and become a funded trader.
He is now one of our funded traders and is trading with a $24K funded account on our platform.
His next mission is to reach 10% of profit and double his funds to 48K.
We spoke with Robert. J. about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and on our
platform as a funded trader.
How were you introduced to the Forex market?
- I was a local at the LIFFE exchange in the ’90s which gave me insight into the early phases of Forex evolution.
Do you have a specific trading plan?
- The plan encompasses the trading process/evaluation of setups and exits, recording each trade for continual improvement and goals I want to achieve.
Tell us about your trading routine.
- My routine is quite simple – I look at the end of the day close price only and evaluate the charts from there.
If I see a setup I place buy/sell stop orders to get in and out of the market.
How do you manage risk in your trading? Do you have risk management techniques?
- I risk 0.5% of the account on each trade and look for 2:1 reward minimum to maximize my returns.
What was your biggest challenge in trading, and how did you overcome it?
- Becoming consistent was quite the task for me early on, emotion was a difficult barrier, the counter ended up being quite simple – I don’t enter the market manually only with orders to take the emotion out of the equation.
What was the key moment of your trading career?
- Passing your evaluation account and become a funded trader as I believe that will help take my game to the next level of success.
In your opinion, what are the most important characteristics for maintaining a steady trading career?
- Having a trading routine and a trading plan – when those are in place it becomes easier to function, it takes a lot of the guesswork and uncertainty out of it..
What is the most important trading mental aspect, and how do you apply it in your routine?
- Meditation in the morning, yes, really. It helps calm me down and keep me centered before all the hard work begins.
What was your strategy to successfully passing The 5%ers’ Evaluation Program?
- Use small position size, and 2:1 RRR minimum.
WE FUND FOREX TRADERS!
The5%ers let you trade the company’s capital, You get to take 50% of the profit, we cover the losses. Get your trading evaluated and become a Forex funded account trader.Get Your Forex Funded Trading Account