Interviews With Traders
The5ers Support and Community Have Made Me a More Responsible Trader
February 17, 2022 | 4:39 pm | Interviews With Traders
February 17, 2022 | 4:39 pm
Interviews With Traders
Stop wanting to be a millionaire overnight, work on yourself, and trust the process, your success is the by-product, That’s Thomas’s Advice.
Thomas R, 46 years old, From the United States.
Thomas has just successfully passed our Level 1. He is now one of The5ers funded traders and is trading with a 24K low-risk funded account on our platform.
His next mission is to reach 10% of profit and double his funds to 48K.
We spoke with Thomas about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.
Click here for more Inspirations lessons and interviews from our professionally funded traders.
- Tell us a little bit about you.
Father of 3 happily married and devoted trader.
- How long have you been trading?
I am a full-time trader with 10 years of experience.
- Briefly describe your Trading Plan and how it contributes to your success.
Multiple timeframe analysis using price action and algorithmic principles. ICT mentorship student
- Share with us a challenge you faced in your trading career and how you overcame it?
My first challenge, of course, was to get consistent, once that was achieved I had to overcome myself which was the biggest hurdle, either fear or lack of confidence and learning myself and developing discipline.
- How did you adjust risk management to your trading personality?
Once I learned to take partials it help with having faith and letting my setups develop fully. Also learning how to scale down after losses kept myself from hurting myself.
- Describe a key moment in your trading career.
Once I started studying with ICT my trading journey saw exponential progress.
- How long it took for you to become a consistent trader, and what aspects did you change that helped you to become consistent?
I had found consistency about year 4 but once I found ICT consistency became an afterthought then break even became a bad day.
- What is your mental/psychological strength, and how did you develop it?
Through developing my strategy and learning to trust the process then to trust myself made me confident in what I was doing and realized a loss or break even trade is just part of the process and I wasn’t scared of them in fact I cherished the learning opportunity I would from them.
- What was your strategy to successfully passing The5%ers’ First Level?
Sticking to my trading plan and did not rush the process.
- How is trading for the5ers different from trading by yourself?
The community and support from the 5%ers are fantastic, and having the sense that trading with a prop firm helps with accountability and remembering the long-term goal.
- What would you recommend to someone who is just starting with us?
Do not rush, stop wanting to be a millionaire overnight work on yourself and the process, and the money and success are a by-product of those things.
- Share online resources that were/are significant in your trading development. Name and links are appreciated.
ICT Mentorship and his free YouTube channel The Inner circle trader. Also early in my career Urban Forex Navin Prythani
- Would you like to share anything else with us?
I am very grateful for the opportunity that the 5%ers gives. Bless you, guys, and I look forward to a wonderful business opportunity.
If you want to receive an invitation to our live webinars, trading ideas, trading strategy, and high-quality forex articles, sign up for our Newsletter.
Subscribe to our youtube channel.
Click here to check how to get qualified.
Click here to check our funding programs
You must be logged in to post a comment.