Interviews With Traders
Nicholas Has Reaped The Summer (Plan) Fruits & Pips
October 7, 2021 | 4:16 pm | Interviews With Traders
October 7, 2021 | 4:16 pm
Interviews With Traders
Block out the noise of everyone and everything else, and make peace with your fear and greed. That’s Nicholas Advice.
Nicholas C, 34 years old, from the United States.
Nicholas successfully passed 3 levels and he is now one of The5ers summer plan funded traders and is trading with a 100K account on our platform.
His next mission is to reach a 5% profit and increase the account to 125K.
We spoke with Nicholas about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.
Click here for more Inspirational lessons and interviews from our professional funded traders.
Level 3 summer plan $75K Account
- Tell us a little bit about you.
34 year old fatherpreneur, with a genuine love for all things trading & tech. Full time trader, a part time teacher with Keen Visions Fx.
- How long have you been trading?
4 years and I am Swing Trader.
- Briefly describe your Trading Plan and how it contributes to your success.
Mesh of technicals, geopolitical, fundamentals & volume. I like to trade extremes back to fair value believe in risk vs. reward over win rates. Simple, it’s how do I get in, how do I get out, how much do I risk. Then we break down the subsets of those categories.
- Share with us a challenge you faced in your trading career and how you overcame it?
Quieting my emotions and silencing the news of other traders and news analysts was tough. I had to learn to appreciate my journey no matter how much money it seemed others were making stuck to a risk profile K was comfortable with.
- How did you adjust risk management to your trading personality?
Regular psychology work & sizing into positions, stay active, and hitting the gym allowed me to calm down my trading and built patience.
- Describe a key moment in your trading career.
In my first profitable quarter, it all clicked. I understood the old adage,” Do you want to be right or do you want to make money” when I stopped wanting to be right and actually wanted to make money.
- How long it took for you to become a consistent trader, and what aspects did you change that helped you to become consistent?
2 years and a mix of staying active in the gym gained 20 pounds of muscle and the mental edge to face myself on the charts. Also, a great group of mentors showed up when I dropped my ego and invested in myself. The main that helped me grow as a trader was to block out the noise of everyone and everything else, making peace with my fear and greed, plus a consistent workout routine. Basically allowing trading to coexist with my vanilla life, ” we trade to live not live to trade.”
- What is your mental/psychological strength, and how did you develop it?
Dexterity & placing reps in a live market environment, I believe after you learn how to work your platform you should practice with a very small live account to feel the effect of the psychology of risk-taking. Trading is the best self-improvement seminar you could ever take, it always exposes the real you!
- What was your strategy to successfully passing The5%ers’ First Level?
Mean reversion, supply & demand, with a bit of volume pair that with geopolitical news.
- How is trading for the5ers different from trading by yourself?
It’s exactly the same, to be honest, just manage risk.
- What would you recommend to someone who is just starting with us?
Focus on risk capital reward over win rate & realize the market is a mirror it’s always you vs. you. Lastly, get active & stay fit; it’s a great psychological edge. Take your time, and most of all, enjoy the process.
- Share online resources that were/are significant in your trading development. Name and links are appreciated.
- Would you like to share anything else with us?
Very grateful for this opportunity looking to trade with you guys for years to come, ps invite me to the company parties lol.
If you want to receive an invitation to our live webinars, trading ideas, trading strategy, and high-quality forex articles, sign up for our Newsletter.
Subscribe to our youtube channel.
Click here to check how to get qualified.
Click here to check our funding programs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.