Interviews With Traders
Meet Savo The Mechanic, Turned Forex Trader
January 20, 2022 | 4:37 pm | Interviews With Traders
January 20, 2022 | 4:37 pm
Interviews With Traders
We spoke with Savo about his trading plan, insights, and lessons gained while trading in the Forex market and our platform as a funded trader.
Click here for more Inspirations lessons and interviews from our professionally funded traders.
- Tell us a little bit about you.
I am a mechanic by trade, I have my own mechanical workshop that I have been operating for about ten years. Always have been interested in trading shares but never got around to it until forex trading outplayed on YouTube one day, so I decided to start trading forex.
- How long have you been trading?
I started trading forex in August 2020. I am a part-timer trader.
- Share with us a challenge you faced in your trading career and how you overcame it?
My trading career is quite short. I had no trading background, everything I learned was from the net, Youtube, etc. My biggest challenge was sifting through all the content and choosing somebody that fits my style.
- How did you adjust risk management to your trading personality?
Sticking to the one percent rule works for me & my stop losses are always based on ATR values.
- Describe a key moment in your trading career.
Passing the 5%ers evaluation has to be my key moment.
- How long it took for you to become a consistent trader, and what aspects did you change that helped you to become consistent?
It took me just over a year to become profitable. Good money management & thoroughly back-testing my strategy helped me turn my trading around.
- What is your mental/psychological strength, and how did you develop it?
When I first started trading I was always fidgety and closed my trades when they turned against me, eventually, they would have hit my profit target in the end. I learned to stay disciplined & leave the trades alone until my indicators told me to exit.
- What was your strategy to successfully passing The5%ers’ First Level?
If you have a thoroughly tested strategy & good money management you should pass the first level easily.
- How is trading for the5ers different from trading by yourself?
Having the extra capital make the difference, also having the targets to hit for each level.
- What would you recommend to someone who is just starting with us?
Trust your strategy, a few losses aren’t the end of the world, stick to your guns.
- Share online resources that were/are significant in your trading development. Name and links are appreciated.
VP from No Nonsense Forex turned my trading around. Also, check out the Discord channel.
Trading Fox is good for getting some ideas on algos and indicators. Also, check out the Discord channel
If you want to receive an invitation to our live webinars, trading ideas, trading strategy, and high-quality forex articles, sign up for our Newsletter.
Subscribe to our youtube channel.
Click here to check how to get qualified.
Click here to check our funding programs